Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who's Chucking the teacher?



Oh boy, the title of my weekly Gossip Girl post feels a little provocative after all of the interesting commentary we had around the age old question - to F-bomb or not to F-bomb. But I couldn't resist.

Solid episode this week. My TiVo is extremely backlogged, so I opted to ditch my fave hot cast aways for (even hotter) Upper East-Siders tonight. It got me to thinking about what I would do if forced to choose between Lost and Gossip Girl. I think I could write an entire book debating my answer - Lisa's Choice. Man, that's deep. Forget Gmail, this has bestseller written all over it.

Anyways, onto a few (non-spoilery) observations about this week's installment of GG:



  • First and foremost, who is dressing Vanessa? I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that she was wearing day-glo green stirrup pants or the fact that I'm actually old enough to remember fighting valiantly to try to convince my mom to buy me the exact same pair.

  • LOVED Blair's shout out to Damages. She's really kind of a Patty-in-training if you think about it.

  • Enough with the cardigans, Dan. You look like a 17-year-old Mr. Rogers and in light of recent developments that seems somewhat ironic.

  • I was drooling over the sweater set Blair wore with all the black chunky jewels. Too bad it probably costs more than my mortgage payment. Wait, make that two mortgage payments.

As for my favorite oversexed teen CEO, he had kind of a boring episode this week. I mean, secret societies are so 1999, right Laura? And honestly, no memorable quotes for him either. My fave line of the week goes to my girl Hazel (And sorry, Chuck, that means she gets the picture too which is actually a good thing because I'm totally running out of pics for you):

"Is a scandal still a scandal if you can't text about it?"

Philosophy a la Gossip Girl. I'm totally dedicating an entire chapter of my book to that quote alone.

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...